Thursday, February 23, 2006

Post from MK, Shari =)

Hey anyone who reads this. It's Shari this time, so prepare to be amazed.

Yesterday I had a conversation with my friend AJ. I mentioned how my friend Nicole (who currently lives in Florida) is moving to Indonesia. His mouth dropped open and he said, "Indonesia?! She better be careful because she could get eaten!" And then I said, "Huh?" so he explained, "Years ago these missionaries went to Indonesia and some cannibals ATE them because they hated missionaries!!" In response, I told him how missionaries went to Ecuador and they were killed. *End of the Spear* I also told him how Quito is on a volcano. His eyes got wide and he goes, "So you might die!?" Me, being unfazed, nodded and replied, "Yeah but that's the risk every missionary takes. It's part of the job." And he couldn't believe it.

I mean, I know kids younger than myself going to places, but they can't tell anyone. It's a sensitive country. While there, they can't email anyone their location or make any videotapes or anything like that. On the AGWM MK email, every few minutes you have to sign in again. They're very high in security. Yet people all around the world live this life, an unpredictable, not always safte one, by choice. Hmm... kinda made me think.

Well, as my best friend Laney, who lives in Texas and is going to Scotland says, the bell's fixin to ring so I gotta go. Much love from this side of the screen =)